Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Legacies

The Donald B. Cowan Legacy Choir of Wichita Falls, Texas is unbelievable...
I was fortunate enough to be asked to produce a documentary about a reunion choir. My dear friend Shelly wasn't available so she recommended me. I spent the weekend getting acquainted with folks and I had the privilege of listening to the most amazingly beautiful A Cappella music. I am so thrilled to be working on this project. I met wonderful people...especially the gentleman who is conducting singers from his 32 years as the choir director at Rider H.S. That's ---choir members from 1961 through Mr. Cowan's retirement in 1993. These people have been convening in their home town once a month for a year. They come from all over the U.S. at their own expense because they all feel such a strong need to give back to Mr. Cowan. They are from all walks of life and so many told me how Mr. C saved their lives. WOW! We need more teachers like this wonderfully caring inspiring man. More about this project later....
What a legacy! Speaking of legacies...I met a really awesome twosome who came from Colorado. Friends for twentysome years. Cindy drives 1300 miles roundtrip every month and her friend Burrus came with her this time. Well,it turned out that he needed to read about Cory. It has helped him already and he hasn't finished the book yet. Legacies....

No comments:

Post a Comment