Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring is finally here! Hope for the Future...

It is so beautiful outside today! Spring is finally here and that roundish bright orb in the sky that puts off heat is back after many months of drab gray skies. Seeing the gorgeous Cherry blossoms on the trees and the Daffodils makes me think of a renewed sense of life and gives me hope for the future. With all that has happened in the last few weeks and that is still going on in Japan with the nuclear plants contaminating the food and water there -- I needed a day like this one to cheer me up. I wanted to share my cheerfulness so I packed up a care package to go to my grandson this morning for his Easter basket. It was fun to put cute little eggs, candy and a little something for his savings account in the box. Now that he is a teenager I am not sure if he will even get excited about candy...but I know he will be reminded of Easter and what that means beyond the candy and Peeps. I also included some baby items for the new little guy who is arriving in June. That was fun! The new parents will be tickled to get something for him too. I am praying for the people of Japan and everyone affected by what happened...that includes those devastated economically too like the folks in Hawaii and elsewhere. Let's all count our blessings and think positive thoughts for the future. If we all concentrate hard enough I believe we can make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment